Monday, February 22, 2010

Let's get up and go.

" There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting." Budda

Well, I am going to keep this post short. It finally looks like I have made it through all the winter viral and bug season. With two you children in daycare, every know virus makes its way into our home during the colder months. Every once in a while, one comes along that will get me, but for the most part, I avoid them. So, after having stuffed sinuses and coming down with the another bug a couple weeks ago, it feels like I am ready to run again.

I started off with great plans for the winter. Wanting to get in a bunch of slow runs to build a base. That went well for the month of December and January, but during February it was tough to get anything done with all the bugs around. Today, I was able to have enough energy to get up early and get a half hour run in. Hopefully, that will continue for the rest of the week. If I take it one week at a time, things should work out.

Although, I was up and going well before the kids are supposed to rise, for some reason, our youngest decided that this was the day he was going to get up early. That was enough to get daddy an ear full from mommy for going for a run this morning. Hopefully tomorrow works out better.

Postmortem on the workout is good. There is no soreness or fatigue. Which is pretty good for not getting enough sleep last night. The lack of sleep is due to finally being able to catch up on some of my reading. One more night and I will have caught up with all my magazines. After that, I will probably start reading and I know this is not masculine, but the next reading material that will be up are my wife's magazines, unless I am able to find time to stop at the library and pick up a book. There is only a week before my subscriptions start showing up and there will be a whole new pile of reading material ready to go.

I was discussing not being able to find a time to run that was not getting preempted by the kids or household issues with my wife this weekend. She suggested that I start planning on going to the gym during my lunch. Well in order to do that, I would need to take some extra time during lunch and work a little later. This is entirely feasible and I am going to give it a shot. The only thing that may get in the way is having to get out of work early enough to get the kids. But, we will see how it goes.

Small steps are better then no steps and you have to start by putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments: