Monday, November 23, 2009

Position on the Wagon.

Well, its been a few weeks, family had gotten in the way of what I was trying to accomplish. Between the kids having birthdays and my father having surgery, it was hard, if not impossible to keep on track. The last four weeks were supposed to be the start of my cardio exercise. What really happened was that I stopped everything all together and slid backwards. So, for the next four to six weeks I want to follow Jonathan Rouche's No Excuses Work Out plan. That is doing a half hour interval on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and doing the 6 minute NEWO workout on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If I can do that, then the gains that I saw last month and lost the last few weeks, should be back before the Holidays really hit.

The fortunate thing is that I've been watching how much and what I eat, which has resulted in no weight gain when I fell off the wagon. So, I do have that going for me. I am hoping that during the next session, I can gain control of some of the meals around the house. This will mean shopping and cooking. I am sure that my wife won't mind a little, although I do think she likes to use the time to get away from the kids. For dinner tonight, it is going to be an Apple Maple Chicken bake, with the sides still up in the air. It is a new recipe that I've wanted to try. The rest of the week is still in the planning stages, and future weeks will be planned out ahead of time.

My exercise routing is kicking in. This morning I was able to get up and get a 30 minute interval in. Tomorrow, I have the day off and plan on getting a swim in after I get the kids to day care. Wednesday and Friday, I am playing hockey, so I should be able to get enough cardio in to get my system going. Then it is a matter of fueling the fire with enough food to keep my metabolism going. Healthy snacks and remembering to eat every couple of hours has been the hardest so far. But as I take over the shopping, there should be more fruits and vegetables available for snacks.

If I look at where I am as compared to where I want to be, I don't want to get back on the wagon. Wouldn't it be better to run along side rather then get back on it? Even better would be to pull the wagon…..

No comments: